The Tier1CRM Application QA Analyst is responsible for the testing of sophisticated software applications for our highly demanding clients. Our QA analysts participate in testing all aspects of our application, including the data, business logic and presentation layers. We utilize the Salesforce development platform as our backend data repository as well as using some of the Salesforce development tools (APEX) for business logic. Presentation layers are developed in HTML. The QA Analyst would be responsible for creating, executing and automating test cases, managing defects, and provide input toward product design and acceptance criteria. We are looking for a smart, dynamic individual who collaborates well in a team environment and enjoys paying attention to details.
- 1 year software development experience (basic programming skills – any language).
- 1 year hands on experience in a QA Analyst role – from requirements or user stories analysis, writing and executing test cases, triaging & maintaining defect backlog.
- Extremely high attention to detail, quality and pride in workmanship
- High attention to detail, quality and workmanship
- Self-starter who shows initiative and continuous improvement.
- Naturally curious, continuously enhance knowledge and expertise, keep current.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with demonstrated academic excellence.
Additional highly desirable competencies (nice to have):
- Experience with test automation tools (HP QuickTest Professional or UFT, Selenium, other)- Experience with release engineering and DevOps for enterprise software and/or mobile products with continuous integration (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, GitLab, etc).
- Knowledge of source control platforms (Subversion, Helix, Git, etc).
- Knowledge of product development and testing tools in an agile environment (Rally/CA Agile Central, HP Quality Center, Jira, etc).
- Knowledge and understanding in capital markets and financial services industries- Holds (or looking forward obtaining) a testing certification (e.g., ISTQB).
This is a full-time position in Sudbury, Ontario.
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to:
email: careers@Tier1CRM.com (pdf or text format submissions only)
Only those individuals being considered will be contacted