Quality Release Engineer / DevOps Lead
You will lead the design, development and implementation of scalable tools, automation and services for all teams involved in our product release processes in accordance with the highest quality standards and DevOps best practices.
You will work with the world leading force.com cloud computing platform with highly specialized technical teams of engineers and technical support staff in an agile and dynamic environment.
You will serve in a highly visible, mission critical role with abundant opportunity to contribute and improve the efficiency of our processes.
You are a meticulous, analytical thinker with a creative spark.
- Design, build, and continuously improve the quality release engineering processes, tools, and automation of our product releases and configuration management from development through to release availability.
- Architect, support and maintain our quality, certified environments and respective change management processes.
- Coordinate and assist with “root cause” resolution of features and bugs and create quality release packages that will be deployed to our esteemed, global customer base on the salesforce.com platform.
- Work closely with developers and stakeholders to engineer and customize solutions and tools for our rapidly evolving needs.
- Foster and ensure best practices to enable rapid feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products.
- Be an advocate of continuous delivery practices and help evangelize it throughout the company
- 2+ years of experience in build and release engineering (DevOps) for enterprise software and/or mobile software products, including continuous integration (CI)
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile Scrum software development environment and related tools & methodologies
- 1+ years of development, deployment and/or administration experience with salesforce.com / force.com platform and related tools & technologies (Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Eclipse, XML)
- Extensive skills and expertise of Software Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration (CI) and related technologies (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Bamboo, Subversion/SVN, Helix, Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Strong system administration & support background on windows and Linux
- Background and experience in object-oriented software development (Java, C++, .NET, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of user-stories and defect tracking tools (Rally/CA Agile Central, JIRA, Remedy, etc.)
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with demonstrated academic excellence
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Nice to Have
- Industry experience working in Financial Services and/or Capital Markets.
We are located mid-town (Yonge/Eglinton) in Toronto.
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to:
Fax: (416) 932-4775
email: careers@Tier1CRM.com (pdf or text format submissions only)
Only those individuals being considered will be contacted