Technical Writer – Software
Tier1 is a rapidly growing Fintech organization focused on global relationship management. As partners in innovation, Tier1 continually engages with our clients and industry partners to help envision the future state of capital markets and bring it to life. Our culture centers on collaboration and intellectual curiosity. Our dynamic team brings together expertise spanning capital markets, product management, technology, and other corporate disciplines to ensure our clients can optimize their client relationship data and translate it into greater engagement and efficiency. We deliver the tools, connectivity, and workflows to power collaboration, transparency, and communications between capital markets participants.
In all that we do, we put our clients’ needs first, working closely to proactively address their pain points and help them clear the path toward opportunity, efficiency, and profitability.
- This is a technical writing position with the product documentation team primarily tasked to support Tier1CRM’s software products with release notes, What’s New guides, and User Guide updates. However, the role includes a wide-variety of other documentation deliverables including configuration and developer documentation, product training modules, and in-application user assistance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Gather and organize information from Subject Matter Experts, existing documentation, user stories, and developer documentation to create:
- Training Modules/Courses, Implementation Guides, Technical Configuration Guides, Release Notes, User Guides, What’s New Guides, Quick Reference Guides
- Work closely with Technical Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Managers, Client Services staff, and Management to fully understand and document implementation processes, product features, and product enhancements
- Create online training content and documentation including audio/video scripts
- Create functional feature and workflow/process descriptions
- As new builds are released, ensure changes are applied to existing guides and training materials
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of the knowledge management system
- Ensure version control is adhered to for auditing purposes
- Maintain repository of documents and content
- Participate in daily Agile scrums and iterations meetings as required
- Publish documentation and announce new features and enhancements
- Prepare custom help content guides as required
- Log software bugs found during the documentation process and verify closure through Rally
- Build your product feature knowledge in all aspects of the product. It is expected you will gain a very high level of expertise regarding all products through your documentation activities however you are also expected to back fill your product knowledge
- Collaborate with multiple teams on standardizing configuration documentation and ensuring out-of-the-box settings have been provided and documented
What we look for:
- Experience working as a technical writer, content manager, documentation specialist for 2-4+ years in a software development environment
- Exposure to an agile development environment
- A good sense of design and style (UI/Graphic Design sense – as important to user training and configuration guides as it is anywhere else)
- Understand software development concepts, how databases work and lack any sense of intimidation when it comes to highly complex software (technically savvy)
- Proven capability of productively working independently with little direction and be self-motivated (get stuff done!)
- Technical skills and/or familiarity with the following are highly desirable:
- MadCap Flare
- Experience with knowledge base / content management platforms such as Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with online education / training solutions is highly beneficial to the position
What we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Career development & growth at Tier1CRM
- Health and dental benefits
- Exciting social & fundraising events (departmental & company wide)
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to:
Tel: (647) 251-3800
email: careers@Tier1CRM.com (pdf or text format submissions only)
Only those individuals being considered will be contacted
Tier1CRM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.